keyboard covers: silicone, black, gorgeous

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dcnblues, May 21, 2008.

1. dcnblues macrumors member

At MacWorld, Jan 2008, I saw a gorgeous black silicone cover for the wired and wireless mac keyboard. It finally came out. (They've got ones for the MacBook Air, MacBook, MacBook Pro as well).

The web page for the black wired board shows the wrong keyboard, but it fits (perfectly) the new keyboards from Apple. The cover offers good protection against liquid spills, and the only downside I can see is that the F and J keys don't have notches to feel the little indends there, though you can still feel them about 50%. As well, there's a dot over the caps lock light, but you can't see the light through it.

Other than that, it feels very good, easy to type, but I've seen complaints on other similar covers that the hard molding surrounding each key means you can only type straight down, less easily. There's not much of that with this cover, not enough to bother me. And boy, is it good looking. All black, with only white letters, symbols, etc. And very sexy soft dark matt silicone rubber.

This is the black cover for the wired keyboard (they use the wrong keyboard in the picture):
    http://www.notestation.com/mac-sk-f.htm

others here. These also have mostly wrong images, but I'd trust the skins to fit the current model line. As well, the image for the wireless cover in black shows a large distracting company name on the bottom. Mine doesn't have that, and I'd think the others wouldn't either:

http://www.notestation.com/macskin.htm

highly recommeded. $25, with about 8 for shipping, so $32.

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Not sure why you want to cover up a desktop keyboard let alone the beauty that is an Apple Alu Keyboard. To each his own I guess...

3. dcnblues thread starter macrumors member

Black is beautiful, baby! :cool:

I like MacBook Pros, but not as much as my black MacBook (granted, a lighted keyboard would be nice). I didn't get a cinema display (no updates in about 3 years), had to go with black Dell 2408.

I do dislike white. I don't like white iMacs, I don't like white keys (as much as black, anyway), I HATE white backgrounds with black text (one of these days we'll get a Mac GUI with inverse color scheme, I hope, I pray).

Keyboard stock was good looking. Now it's GORGEOUS (and more sensuous).

As well, I was just recommending a high quality product I like. Their web page is poorly designed (wrong [and poor] product images, no enlarged images available, etc), but the product is good, and they offer clear covers as well (for wired, wireless, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, etc).

4. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

thanks for pointing out this product - i like skins for my keyboard since i hate getting crumbs and dog fur (my dog is a short-haired freed and isn't supposed to shed much, but what fur he does shed manages to get everywhere we least expect it in the house) in between the keys. i'm planning on getting the newest version of the bluetooth keyboard and will be looking for a skin with it as well...

it's not really about covering the beauty, but protecting it from spills and such. definitely a case of "to each, her own". :)

while i understand, i don't think i'd ever go so far to describe a piece of computer hardware as sensuous. that's an adjective that should be reserved for someone to use to describe their significant other in something skimpy. :p

5. dcnblues thread starter macrumors member

Actually, Mrs. Wormer had it wrong. People are sensual. Vegetables can be sensuous. Keyboards too.