iPad Keyboard Covers still useable when using an iPad shell?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by LincolnsiPod, Jul 24, 2013.

1. LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502

I have a Union shell by Devicewear, something I thought I'd have to remove if I wanted a keyboard cover, but it appears I can still keep it in place for at least the Logitech Ultrathin keyboard based on this Youtube vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ZfRqjs2Us

2 issues that I see is that the Logitech is not backlit, and can't hold it at a portrait angle. I'm looking at the ZAGG ProPlus and the LUVVITT Ultrathin, and while it looks like the ZAGG might not be able to hold the iPad with the shell on, the LUVVITT might given that it uses a stand to keep the iPad in place.

Has anyone tried the ProPlus or LUVVITT with an iPad that has a shell? What was your experience?

2. Moecat macrumors newbie

I can confirm the pro plus does not hold with a cover on. The ipad kind of sits inside of it. It's very sleek looking and feeling but you need a sleeve.

Better keyboard than the ultrathin which in my opinion is the most overrated keyboard in the world. The tactility is so poor you might as well use the touchscreen.

3. maryjune206 macrumors newbie

Touchfire feedback

Has anyone tried touchfire for ipad? I am looking for a good, cheaper option for ipad keyboad and based from their site: http://www.touchfire.com/ I am loving the features especially their 3D keyboard feature. I would appreciate your user experience with this brand. Thanks!

4. sarkkan macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm actually head of operations for Touchfire. What would you like to know?

5. tx26257 macrumors member

6. tl01, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013

tl01 macrumors 65816

I have a case that is like the apple case... Just a different company. Would it likely work on that case too? Also, how much does it make the cover stick up when it is closed? Is the release date for the mini keyboard still realistic? Thanks!