keyboard delete key = fail

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by determinant, Apr 8, 2008.

1. determinant macrumors newbie

Hi,
    As you may have read, two days ago I was a complete idiot and spilled liquid on my MacBook Pro. I then proceeded to be a 100% idiot and try to turn it on after I thought it had dried. Grey screen, then crash. Today, I turned it on - amazingly, it worked. I'm typing on it right now, and it's been alive for about 4 hours. I hope it carries on until I can go and sell it as a "previously broken" item somewhere.

MY REAL QUESTION: Currently, my delete key completely does not function. My "L" key does not respond well. My backlighting for the right side is killed. All of the other keys work fine. (currently remapped the backslash to the delete key)

Do you think that this can be replaced for free or for a small charge at an Apple Store at the Genius Bar?

Thanks!

2. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

that's great that it is working again-- hopefully it will keep working:D

they will probably be able to tell there was liquid damage, but should be able to replace it for a fee

3. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

don't take it to a genius. Take it to an authorized service center, they are often times more willing to work with you and aren't complete dolts. Plus its good to give small businesses some commission.

you might be able to get it replaced under warranty.

4. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

Well said! support you local service center, geniuses really think that they are geniuses and then they will put it to you...