All iPads Keyboard Dock Knock Off

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sasha.danielle, Apr 15, 2015.

1. sasha.danielle, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015

sasha.danielle macrumors regular

Has anybody tried this keyboard knock off? It seems like an exact reproduction of the old keyboard dock apple sold for the first two iPads. I used to have that dock for my ipad2 and I loved it. This thing looks identical except with the lightning input.

What do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/apple-ipad-keyboard-dock

2. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Wanna like..post a link to it or something?

3. sasha.danielle thread starter macrumors regular

4. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Well hey, if he's got good feedback, it's probably a product that doesn't completely suck, no? Is it going to have the same fit and finish as the original? Maybe not. Is it going to work the same exact way for much cheaper? Probably.

Honestly if I were looking for a keyboard dock for my iPad and Apple had an official one, I'd probably look into this one (90 bucks for a keyboard? Apple pls)

5. sasha.danielle thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the feedback. That's what I think too. I just wanted to see if anybody had a bad experience. I loved that dock, and was gutted when Apple discontinued it.

6. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

They probably want people to buy a dock/case to use as a stand and the keyboard. Pretty annoying.

7. sasha.danielle thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah. I also think they want to discourage people from thinking about their slates as laptops. Apple has continuously limited the potential of them in all kinds of ways.

8. whatos macrumors 6502a

I like the flexibility. With or without an external keyboard I get a lot of use from my iPad Air.

9. sasha.danielle thread starter macrumors regular

I just ordered my iPad Air 2 (64gb, gold). I'm super stoked. I had an iPad 2 until last spring when I sold it (those things are indestructible). I can't wait to use this thing.

In many ways the Mini is more suited to my needs, but I didn't really want to buy something that was already that out-dated.

----------

I just ordered the keyboard dock. If anyone is curious I'll let them know how it is when it arrives!

10. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Yeah let me know. I'd definitely consider it at that price.