Keyboard doesn't work when installing

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by DJMastaWes, May 12, 2007.

1. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Hey guys. So, I wanna install windows on my macbook pro. When I boot the XP disc, I get a blue screen, with a bunch of things loading at the bottom. When it comes time to "Press enter to insall windows, Press R to repair or Press F3 to skip installation" my keyboard doesn't work, and I can't press enter.
    What's going on here, what can I do?

Also, what can I do to make sure I install it correctly. I've read some storied about like, being locked out of OSX.

Thanks for the help.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Is it a wireless keyboard? You need a conventional wired keyboard to install.

3. DJMastaWes thread starter macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

No, just the Macbook Pro keyboard.

So, you're saying I need a wired keyboard to insall windows?

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

If it's a MacBook Pro the keyboard is wired by definition. OK, someone else got an idea?

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303701

5. princigalli macrumors 6502

no keyboard when installing Windows

I'm also on a Macbook Pro and having the same issues. This is a serious and widespread problem and I can't find a solution anywhere. It might be a problem with some specific versions of Windows but there's no way to know until you experience it.

As far as I cna tell Apple is ignoring the issue. They can hide behind the "beta" definition and don't have to get it working. But for those of us that got a Mac knowing they could run a specific Windows program on bootcamp, this is close to a rip off. In any case their marketing is misleading unless the system works.

The only company that seems to be serious about running Windows on Mac is Parallels. I wish they wrote Bootcamp instead of Apple!

6. dcains macrumors regular

Did you click your mouse over the XP install window? That worked on my MBP.

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Are you using Boot Camp, VMware or ||s? If it's Boot Camp, do you have Service Pack 2?

8. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Not that this will help any, but my Apple BT keyboard worked perfectly fine through all of the install of Vista Ultimate for me.

Ed