Keyboard eject button not triggering open/close on Ext CD/DVD player...

schmoofee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
hello wonderful mr forums. i am hoping that someone here has some pointers for me as this is baffling me no end...

i've just moved the pioneer cd/dvd dvr116, which i purchased from owc/macsales for my ppc g5 desktop, into an external enclosure. and now the keyboard eject button is not triggering the drawer to open or close.

i guess the question is:
what do you think the problem is?
could i have goofed the install?

the install seemed really straight forward to me and all other functions are working fine.

any ideas?
cheers

Nov 28, 2010
located
The EJECT button does not work with an external optical disk drive (ODD), maybe you can get get the EJECT menu extra located at Macintosh HD / System / Library / CoreServices / Menu Extras / to do what you want.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find similar threads:

schmoofee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
thank you simsaladimbamba

live an learn! i was able to find that that eject menu extra you directed me to. now that i found it, what next?

cheers

Nov 28, 2010
located
thank you simsaladimbamba

live an learn! i was able to find that that eject menu extra you directed me to. now that i found it, what next?

cheers
It shows up in your Menu Bar as an eject icon (like the one you see next to external HDDs or USB flash memory thumb drives or a CD or DVD in Finder's Sidebar), you can try, if it works with an external ODD.
If not, you just have to use the Finder or the Desktop and CMD+E.