Keyboard exchange on a MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MrMaxy, Jul 25, 2008.

1. MrMaxy macrumors newbie

Hi,
    does anyone know if it is possible to exchange the keyboard on a MBP?
    Let's say change the English one with a German keyboard.

If so, is there a place where you can buy just the keyboard?

Thanks a lot for your help.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yep, eBay. Though the keys will still be mapped like the old keyboard.

3. Nedturskakao macrumors member

I know it is! At least to change some of the buttons, i'm from Denmark and have thought about getting a MBP from US since its MUCH cheaper, i talked to a guy in Denmark who can change some of the buttons so i get "ÆØÅ" buttons on my keyboard, so it IS possible! I also heard that if you order your macbook/pro 3 weeks before you buy (in "big" apple stores) they can give you the keyboard you want - i'm not sure if that's a fact.

One more thing, i know it's possible to change the keyboard in os x, a "software change" so the keyboard acts like it's (example) danish so even the buttons don't show the right danish letters it will still act like if they were there!

Hope you understand what i mean:p

Ps. I don't have a Mac yet, waiting for the montevina refresh, but i read a lot about it:)

4. MrMaxy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I know what you mean - and it works great in the interim or if you only need it sometimes. But I'm talking about staying in Germany, and then I'd like to have a full size German keyboard.
    I'm certain that you can easily replace a MBP's keyboard, but I need to find out where I can get such a single keyboard.