Keyboard for jailbroken Iphone 3gs 3.1.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by WarrenT, Nov 30, 2009.

1. WarrenT macrumors newbie

Nov 30, 2009
    Can anyone get these to work or tell me how its done? Thanks. Really want the macbook one but when I select it the keyboard remains as the standard one.
  2. fliphone3gs macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2009
  3. twon macrumors member

Jul 3, 2009
    I don't think it can be done on 3.1.2, sorry.

Your probably not getting responses because it is a question that is asked frequently.
  4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    Yes, like mentioned above.
    They're not available yet for 3.1+ firmware.
  5. ckong macrumors regular

Nov 12, 2009
    Just to let everyone know, I got the I'm using the beta iKeyEx with the 5-row-qwerty, and "NumLock Keyboard" add-ons and they work. The 5-row comes up by default, and I tap the Globe icon to switch.

I have a 3GS-32GB with 3.1.2 Blackra1n JB.

Both iKeyEx and 5-row I downloaded from here (the Project's Home page) and installed manually with "dpkg -i" commands.

File # 1: hk.kennytm.iKeyEx3-0.1-99j.deb
    File # 2: hk.kennytm.5RowQWERTY-0.1-99h.deb

"NumLock keyboard" I got straight from Cydia.

YouTube has a number of videos to watch on installation (but I don't trust unknown Repos so I installed manually). One such video is here.

Remember, the latest iKeyEx is considered BETA so be very careful. All I can say is that I'm using it and it works. iKeyEx is a Mobile Substrate add-on (otherwise, I wouldn't have installed it in the first place as I'm using/hoping Mobile Substrate's safe-guards protects the phone in case of crash). When in doubt, research other success/fail stories and understand before installing.

Attached Files: