Keyboard for Mac Mini?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Cricketman, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Cricketman macrumors regular

Hi guys

I'm about to spring for the 2.26 Ghz Mac Mini (2GB Ram, 160GB HDD). Obviously, I need a keyboard+mouse to go with it. I want a wireless set.

The apple combo is simply too expensive. Both the mouse and keyboard will cost me ~110$, which is like 20% of the price of the machine!

Are there any other options? I want to have most of the dashboard options (volume etc).

Was looking at this one, will it work? http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wire...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1268705819&sr=8-1

Cheers!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yup sure will, without the need for any additional software.

3. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

You can use just about any wireless combo you can find.

Realize that you will be losing a USB port with this model.

4. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

I've been using an Apple chicklet keyboard at work for a year and love it. My dad just got a new imac with the wireless keyboard and new touch mouse. Expensive, yes... but the keyboard and mouse are really great. I'd buy them if I needed a new setup.

5. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    I'm on the same boat as you. My recently ordered 2.53ghz refurbished Mac Mini is still sitting in its box (waiting on the U2410 also).

I'm looking for a keyboard and mouse, I'm interested in the keyboard you linked to. I'd be ok giving up a mouse port. Unless someone has a good bluetooth option

This mac mini is for my townhouse that I moved into recently. I left my older 1.83ghz C2D Mac Mini w/ my fam. On that, I'm using:

1) The mouse is a Logitech VX REVOLUTION WIRELESS LASER MOUSE - LOVXR I got from bhphotovideo.com around the same time for $50 even
    2) The keyboard's the Apple Wireless Keyboard A1016/M9270LL-A [amazon.com] I bought off my friend (unfortunately, the left and down arrow just stopped working so I have to replace that too)
    3) The speakers are Klipsch 2.1 ProMedia THX Speaker System $119 that I got from Best Buy for $119

Thinking about going with the Logitech VX Revolution wireless laser mouse again if I can still find it for $50. Not sure what to do abut keyboard, really liked that one. Speakers I'll hold out for a deal

6. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

you wont lose a port with the U2410 -- its got a built in 4 port USB2 hub =)

7. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    ^ ah forgot about that. Alright, so USB isn't a big deal. Bring on the keyboard suggestions everyone.

8. striatedglutes macrumors 6502

My logitech MX1000 is still ticking after 4 years. No idea what it's called these days!