Keyboard freezing up...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by lynkynpark86, Jan 8, 2012.

1. lynkynpark86 macrumors 6502

On my MacBook, I am having some keyboard trouble. About once every 3 days, I will be changing spaces with control+arrow, and it will randomly decide that at that second, it will be the little ******* it is and freeze up. All the keys suddenly stop working, EXCEPT the control and arrows. The small spaces window showing what space you are in stays up, and I can still change spaces just fine. Occasionally, for whatever reason, it will just go away after I hit the control button again. But this is very rare. It will usually stay up for 10-20 minutes, and finally go away, then, I will change spaces again, and it happens again. I feel like this whenever it happens, like my computer just dislikes me and wants to get on my nerves/not allow me to save work before rebooting. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I've read other places, and for everyone else who has this problem, it's caused by Things, but I don't have Things.

2. foxyfabio macrumors member

You need to perform an exorcism on your computer.

3. lynkynpark86 thread starter macrumors 6502

Helps quite a bit. I can't complain, however, because this seems to be the solution most likely to work.