Keyboard Gel Pads - Does Anyone Use One?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Mr.PS, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Mr.PS macrumors 6502a

I've been a Microsoft ergonomic keyboard user for 3 years now. I just got my Mac Pro a few days ago. I cannot get over how beautiful the new aluminum keyboards are, but they're also uncomfortable. My wrists and fingers ache. I guess I'm used to more key travel and such, I will adjust, but I think I need some support.

I was looking at this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It can be found here:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/482160-REG/Rain_Design_10013_iRest_Gel_Wrist_Rest.html

So what do you guys think, will it help any? Does anyone else have any aches/pains from the new keyboard?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! :)

2. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

I'm not sure if the new slim Apple keyboards will work very well with a thick gel wristpad since the keyboard is so thin.

3. OnePumpChump macrumors regular

OnePumpChump

Well, I don't mean to be captain obvious, but if you are looking at that particular pad, looks like you'll be waiting as they are currently out of stock. Those would look mighty nice w/ the new keyboards, but as JSchwage said, not sure if those will work with such a thin board.

4. Mr.PS thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's only $20 so I guess it's not much of an issue. Yea, they're out of stock. There is another retailer I have booked marked that has em so who knows.