Keyboard hangs on vnc to Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by flopticalcube, Oct 3, 2010.

1. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

When I vnc in to my mini running 10.6.4, I frequently get keyboard hangs. Either the keyboard stops working altogether or just the shift stops working. Sometimes the keyboard acts as if I am pressing the command key when I'm not. This happens regardless of the vnc viewer and never when I vnc into windows, only osx. It also happens regardless if I use vine server or the built-in vnc server via screen sharing. Any thoughts?

EDIT: it happens mostly in Numbers.

2. callagga macrumors member

keyboard stops responding intermittently when using VNC to access?

I use VNC to remotely access the screen/keyboard of my MacBook Pro, running the latest version of OSX. Intermittently (which is annoying) the keyboard stops working, and at this time the mouse is still working fine.

More interestly when I bring up the virtual keyboard (as I can do this with the mouse) and hit some keys, then this doesn't work either.

Any ideas why/when/how my MacBook may stop responding to keyboard presses from (a) remote PC using VNC to access and (b) the virtual keyboard?

Any fault finding ideas?