Keyboard help?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rubberducky, Jan 21, 2010.

1. rubberducky macrumors newbie

I'm new to the whole mac scene, so excuse my newbieness. My keyboard doesn't seem to want to type even though it appears to be working. My trackpad isn't functioning right either, I guess. Every time I try to click something, anywhere on the trackpad, it performs a right click. It won't let me drag and drop or even click shut down. I've rebooted my MBP a couple times, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I honestly don't know what to do, help?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Is it a new MBP or or a used one, and if it is, what MBP is it and what Mac OS X version is running on it?

Have you tried repairing permissions via Disk Utility?

Have you taken a look at the trackpad settings in System Preferences?

3. rubberducky thread starter macrumors newbie

It's the newer MBP running on 10.6.2. I've repaired the permissions and everything seemed just about the same in the trackpad settings. It's a no go.

Thanks in advance!

Oh and my trackpad works fine until I press something on the keyboard which is mind boggling.

4. rubberducky thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, update. It won't turn on at all, even though the battery charge is all the way up.

I forgot to mention that I had a 'Service Battery' alert a couple days ago, but it went away, however, I do notice that the battery life is shorter than usual. :confused:

Meh, faulty battery, perhaps?

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Can you get it to an Apple Store or an Apple Authorised Repair shop?