iPad Keyboard higher on screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Thegolem, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Thegolem macrumors regular

All of a sudden my iPad 1 keyboard has started appearing higher up the screen. Is this happening to anyone else. I actually thought about this when I first got it and it's something of a godsend to suddenly find it change altough it doesn't feel quite as comfortable because it's harder for my Palms to take the weight when the keyboard is lower down but I'm definately typing faster and it's only been like this 10 mins. I connected it to iTunes for the first time in a while today but I didn't notice anything about an update or anything.

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

That's a feature of iOS 5 - movable and split keyboard. Hold down the keyboard icon on the keyboard's lower right hand corner.

3. Thegolem thread starter macrumors regular

Oh yeah! I just thought that was to lower the keyboard. When I undock it Again now it goes higher up the screen. How do I get it back to About 3/4 of the way up?

4. Thegolem thread starter macrumors regular

I've figured out what's happening. You have to hold down the keyboard icon at the edge where the three little lines are and then you can adjust the height...I think anyway. It does'nt seem to want to do it all the time.