Keyboard & iLife...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Simplesimon101, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Simplesimon101 macrumors regular

hi i'm getting a new Mac Pro very soon...

i was just lusting after it on the apple web site when i knoticed that the keyboard in the buying options is the old one... also the iLife it says it comes with is 06 not 08... i assume these are just errors on the site? does anyone in the know, know for sure?

also, although i guess on one knows, when apple bring out a new machine how much more powerful will it probably be in real terms? and therefore is it worth the wait?

thanks any help is great. :)

2. peterm10 macrumors newbie

The MacPro does come with the old keyboard, unfortunately. I bought a MacPro two weeks ago and bought the new keyboard separately since I liked it so much. Also, a disc with iLife 08 came in the box so I just popped it in and upgraded in seconds. I bought the machine from an Apple store.

I thought about waiting for new MacPros like a lot of people, but who knows when they are really coming and what the real upgrade will be? While the new machines will undoubtedly be faster, I don't think they will be so much faster for my purposes that it will be worth waiting for months (I mostly do photography work on my Mac using Lightroom and PSCS3).

I immediately bought 5 extra GB of Ram and three 500GB hard drives from OWC (for backup and to make a RAID 1 configuration) and my machine flies.

Peter

3. Simplesimon101 thread starter macrumors regular

that's weird that they don't ship the new keyboard with it... perhaps they're just getting rid of old stock?

thanks for the advice. i'm really looking forward to getting my new machine now!

4. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

New keyboards will probably come with the next updated MacPro.