Keyboard Illumination (late 2008)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Torriero, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Torriero macrumors newbie

I just got my new macbook pro and the keyboard illumination seems to be coming on in pretty high lighting conditions, is this happening to anyone else? It seems like the computer has to be facing right towards a light for them to turn off... its not a big deal just kind of annoying

2. tekmoe macrumors 68000

Same here. I wish Apple would provide a way to turn it off like the previous MBP's. Why did they remove this functionality?

3. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

It's still there.

System Prefs -> Keyboard and Mouse -> Illuminate Keyboard in low light conditions check box.

4. tekmoe macrumors 68000

I guess what I am referring to is the button on the keyboard itself to turn off the illumination. On the new MacBooks, they only give us the option of dimming or brightening the illumination.

5. Torriero thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there any way that you can adjust the sensitivity? I mean like a downloadable program that could do that...

Are other people just living with this problem if they have it?

6. WilliamG macrumors 604

You can turn off the lights as well by pushing the dimming button until it turns off. This layout is MUCH better than the old MacBooks. Such a waste of a button to turn it on and off...

7. 7even macrumors 6502a

Meh just press and hold the "dim" button until it shuts off..

8. south8212 macrumors 6502

first you have to uncheck the illuminate keyboard box in the settings, then dim it all the way down.