Keyboard in middle of screen

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by galstaph, Nov 20, 2013.

1. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

Hi everyone. got an interesting occurrence and haven't been able to find it on search or google. My 19 month old somehow moved my on screen keyboard to the middle of my ipad display. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to move it back to the bottom of the display and it is driving me nuts. Anyone run into this, or am I the only one?

Does anyone know how to move it back to the bottom of the screen?

2. spades1412 macrumors 6502

There is a keyboard key on the bottom right of the keyboard. touch and hold and you will get some keyboard options to choose from. Touch and Hold and tap "Dock" and it will redock the keyboard to the bottom of the screen.

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Press and hold on the keyboard icon in the bottom right and choose "Dock and Merge"

4. Tulani macrumors 6502a

Tulani

Press and hold the 'keyboard' key at the bottom right of the keyboard, and after a second or two you should get a popup - tap 'Dock' on that and it should move back to the bottom of the screen.

5. galstaph thread starter macrumors 6502a

galstaph

Thanks for the quick reply, that was driving me nuts! Fixed now.
    Nothing like having an oversized keyboard plunked down in the middle of the screen;)

6. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

you could also just touch that same button and quickly drag it to where you want it to go. no need to wait for a popup.