Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

galstaph

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
The Great White North Eh
Hi everyone. got an interesting occurrence and haven't been able to find it on search or google. My 19 month old somehow moved my on screen keyboard to the middle of my ipad display. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to move it back to the bottom of the display and it is driving me nuts. Anyone run into this, or am I the only one?

Does anyone know how to move it back to the bottom of the screen?

spades1412

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
There is a keyboard key on the bottom right of the keyboard. touch and hold and you will get some keyboard options to choose from. Touch and Hold and tap "Dock" and it will redock the keyboard to the bottom of the screen.

Comment

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Press and hold on the keyboard icon in the bottom right and choose "Dock and Merge"

Comment

Tulani

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2012
Hi everyone. got an interesting occurrence and haven't been able to find it on search or google. My 19 month old somehow moved my on screen keyboard to the middle of my ipad display. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to move it back to the bottom of the display and it is driving me nuts. Anyone run into this, or am I the only one?

Does anyone know how to move it back to the bottom of the screen?

Press and hold the 'keyboard' key at the bottom right of the keyboard, and after a second or two you should get a popup - tap 'Dock' on that and it should move back to the bottom of the screen.

Comment

galstaph

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
The Great White North Eh
Thanks for the quick reply, that was driving me nuts! Fixed now.
Nothing like having an oversized keyboard plunked down in the middle of the screen;)

Comment

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
Thanks for the quick reply, that was driving me nuts! Fixed now.
Nothing like having an oversized keyboard plunked down in the middle of the screen;)

you could also just touch that same button and quickly drag it to where you want it to go. no need to wait for a popup.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.