Keyboard Input iPhone

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by AbSoluTc, May 9, 2019.

1. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Recently noticed that my iPhone is no longer giving me a popup from my ATV for the keyboard input anymore. Is this something that was removed/broken or a setting I am missing? Used to work all the time, no issues. I can't seem to figure it out what's going on.

Even in the new remote app there is no keyboard input option anymore.

2. digitalexplr macrumors 6502a

digitalexplr

Hmmmm. I haven't had any problem. I have the latest beta on the ATV and iPhone, 12.3 b5

3. bucksaddle macrumors 6502

Do you have your Apple TV & iPhone on separate Wi-Fi SSID’s at all? I had this issue and figured out it was due to the ATV being on a separate 5GHz Wi-Fi SSID and the iPhone on the 2.4GHz band.

4. Donfor39 macrumors 65816

Donfor39

Possibly check Siri search options via remote app settings.
    As it does include look up keyboard etc..
    Think I'm latest 12.3 pb 5 and others have confined ap4k tv keyboard pops up fine.

5. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

The keyboard function works via Bluetooth, so make sure that isn't turned off.

6. AbSoluTc thread starter macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Its working now. Checked it a few hours after posting the thread. It popped up like it should. It was not weeks and days prior. Maybe a bug and restarting helped? Not the first time a restart resolved issues. Thanks all for the suggestions!

7. andyw715 macrumors 65816

Mine pops up and accepts input but it never shows up in the ATV4k input box.
    But if I use the ATV remote and enter through there, I see the input reflected on the iPhone :)