Keyboard is acting up!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hitrate, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Hitrate macrumors regular

Hitrate

I'm currently working as a scripter, and the past week my mac has been randomly CMD + V'ing when typing. This is really strange, as I am not fully sure what causes it, what i'm typing in the instance (if it's the same key presses or what..because I don't look at my keys when typing..and can't recreate when looking and there for slowing down my typing) but the fact is, that I'm not pressing the CMD and the V button, yet it chooses to paste whatever I've copied into the text that I'm writing..And I know it hasn't got to do with improper typing on my part, because it's something that just started happening all of a sudden

Has anyone else experienced this/know the reason and solution? My MBP 15" is from May 2010 (latest release) and I've been very gentle with it, so the key's should be alright!

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

you might be hitting it when having a jab at the space bar ;)

3. Hitrate thread starter macrumors regular

Hitrate

Hmm...I don't think so. For instance, I just wrote the word: idé and it did this: id00:19:24:03 (pasted the timecode) A couple minutes ago I also wrote something with an ´ sign and it pasted as well. I'm positive I didn't hit the space bar, or the cmd button....seems very strange that it can paste "automatically". Anybody got ideas?