Keyboard Issues- "n" plague

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by disordre, Apr 1, 2009.

1. disordre macrumors newbie

my late 2008 model macbook has some keyboard issues. albeit, they are pretty serious.

the keyboard is somehow plagued by the "n" button. the "n" button has ceased function and has somehow attached itself to other keys on the keyboard. for example, if i typed "m", it would type "mn" and then repeat "n" so it would look like "mnnnnn" and so forth. this issue occurs with non-alpha keys too.

pulling out the battery and resetting the computer does not seem to work.

this is no april fools joke. i would like to hear everyones' ideas before i take it into apple.

2. gamer2502 macrumors regular

this happened to me on a old keyboard for a desktop. the cause if it was that i was trying to see if it would hurt the keyboard to wash it and it did this started happening to me with multiple keys on my old keyboard so the likely cause of your problems is that you somehow got some water in your keyboard:apple:

3. ozp macrumors newbie

it sounds like a classic keyboard hardware issue, it can be caused by other things of course but it sounds like you have something shorting out the keyboard electronics, maybe because of water or something else. I think you just better go to apple and show them the problem cause I doubt that it will just be resolved by itself or by a software fix

4. disordre thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the replies, i am not aware of any water being spilled onto the laptop (maybe one of the dogs).

i'll take it into the mac store and see what they say.