keyboard issues or normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sixcylinder, Nov 6, 2014.

1. sixcylinder macrumors newbie

bought a macbook pro retina from a solutions store in uk. Apple premium reseller. Went for a 15 inch retina. as soon as i got it home, and went to take it out of packaging, i heard a click. quite surprised for the amount the laptop cost. turned out the 'clutch cover' was loose. I also felt that some of the keys on the keyboard felt a bit loose and 'rattly' mainly the space bar, which if tapped without depressing fully made a clicky sound, as if it wasn't secured down properly. took it back, ended up with refund as didn't have same spec in stock. went back few days later, no loose clutch cover. the keyboard is still a bit of an issue. Majority of the keys feel fine, but the space bar still feels just as flimsy, and can be rocked back and forth, and the caps lock key is similar.
    Is this just how mbpr keyboards are? the quality of some of the keyboard doesn't seem to reflect the price? Tried some out in store, some of them felt rock solid, others felt same as mine. its a minor point but for the outlay i want/expect everything to be spot on from the get go. Can get it exchanged again probably but as i use it for work as well as home its inconvenient, and just want to get on with using it.

thanks

2. shakra00 macrumors member

3. sixcylinder thread starter macrumors newbie

4. MacInTO macrumors 65816

MacInTO

5. sixcylinder thread starter macrumors newbie

so the loose feel and the fact it rocks back and forth is normal on these?

6. MacInTO macrumors 65816

MacInTO

Yes, I've owned about six of these machines and they have all been like this.