Keyboard keeps loosing connection on iMac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by JonD25, Mar 12, 2008.

1. JonD25 macrumors 6502

I'm using XP Pro on a CD iMac with Bootcamp 2. Every few minutes, my keyboard gets disconnected for a few seconds then comes back. It's particularly frustrating when it happens in the middle of a game, which is really the only reason I have XP installed. I haven't been able to find a fix anywhere. Anyone know what I should do?

2. Theatrics macrumors member

3. JonD25 thread starter macrumors 6502

The standard Apple keyboard that came with my Mac. It's the older one before they introduced the flat versions.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I have the same problem from time to time on my PowerBook. My Solution is to turn off the keyboard and the BlueTooth Module, the power on the keyboard then the BT module in that order, then you should be fine. If it continues to happen, it is a symptom of low batteries.

TEG

5. evan g macrumors regular

just get a keyboard that plugs into your computer. thats the easy way to bypass all of these problems.

6. JonD25 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's an iMac. Not a laptop. The keyboard does plug in to my computer. It's not bluetooth.

7. JonD25 thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess no one has a solution? I would think it's a driver issue that Apple would have fixed a long time ago. It doesn't look like I'm the only person with the problem

8. Theatrics macrumors member

Sorry, I havn't experienced that problem with mine. Have you tried using a different keyboard? If a different keyboard has the same problem, then I would suspect the OS or the USB port. If the alternative keyboard does not have the same problem, then I would think the problem is centralized around the apple keyboard.

9. JonD25 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't have another keyboard to try. Thanks anyways.