keyboard key (specific key) not working.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by itou, Apr 7, 2009.

1. itou macrumors regular

hi all,

i've been having a problem since 2 days ago. i've got a japanese keyboard connected to a mac pro (leopard) and ever since 2 days ago, the "kana" button that toggles between english and japanese has been defective. the other button which toggles from japanese to english works. it's very strange! i've tried resetting PRAM and repairing permissions, to no avail. i must also mention that prior to this happening, i've had instances where i wouldn't touch the keyboard and the "J" would be mysteriously pressed...

i've moved to toronto and i'm wondering it might not be possible for the applestore to give me another keyboard in japanese. they may give me another one in english but i prefer the japanese for convenience.

anyone can help?

thanks!!

2. cmaier macrumors G3

Definitely sounds like a defective keyboard. Doubt the toronto apple store would have a japanese keyboard on-hand, but apple can certainly ship one.

3. itou thread starter macrumors regular

right. thanks. you think calling apple will be a better option? or should i simply walk into the apple store and have them do it?

4. cmaier macrumors G3

I'd just call Apple.

5. Tesselator macrumors 601

Tesselator

I'm in Nagoya. I had the same issue about 6 months ago. You have to call first if you want a walk-in exchange. I dunno know why but they hope so. :)

6. itou thread starter macrumors regular

i'm not in nagoya but in canada now, so my only option is to call them to have them mail it to me?

7. cmaier macrumors G3

only way to find out is to call them - they may tell you to bring it in. If they have to ship it to you, you'll probably have it in less time than this thread has been going on :)