Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philMBP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Please don't flame me if this has been posted somewhere, but I searched and did not come up with anything.

I've read alot about the keyboard lag problem and I've experienced it on both my 1st gen and 3G phones. Basically, turning off the keyboard click sound solved mine and a friend's lag problem.

cheers.

Rybold

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2008
California, USA
It's easily to turn off the keyboard in Safari; you just click "done" and then reopen the keyboard. In SMS though, is there a way to make the keyboard "minimize" so you can read the messages without the keyboard being in the way?

philMBP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
It's easily to turn off the keyboard in Safari; you just click "done" and then reopen the keyboard. In SMS though, is there a way to make the keyboard "minimize" so you can read the messages without the keyboard being in the way?

wow, you hijacked the thread on the first reply.

trunksu

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008

the op is talking about something different from what you're talking about :confused:

to clear the keyboard i usually just go back to the main sms listings and then back in. but if you "started" typing a message but never erased or sent it, it will remain in the keyboard and the keyboard will pop back up when you re-enter the message.

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
OP, to actually get to your thread ;) while I am glad it worked for you, I have had the keyboard clicks off since day one (way too annoying for my taste) and still have keyboard lag.

trunksu

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
Please don't flame me if this has been posted somewhere, but I searched and did not come up with anything.

I've read alot about the keyboard lag problem and I've experienced it on both my 1st gen and 3G phones. Basically, turning off the keyboard click sound solved mine and a friend's lag problem.

cheers.

tried it and it didn't see any speed increase. also i hate when the keyboard clicks are off :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.