Keyboard LAGGING...help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ctb1793, Aug 31, 2009.

1. ctb1793 macrumors newbie

Every time i tap my sms icon, its takes like 5 seconds to show up with the keyboard, then, when i go and start typing, the first few keys lag, but then it starts to catch up.

i have tried deleting all my messages, and still the keyboard lags.

2. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

I'd say reset it. if that doesn't work, try syncing it with ur comp. if that doesnt work, then try restoring it. and if THAT doesn't work, I'd say call
    them, and they'll prob say the same thing I just did, but it's worth a shot. u might just have to live with it

3. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Could we have a little more info please, which iPhone do you have, which software are you running, any jailbreaks or mods?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I'd do a reset all settings. Seems to have cured lag for a number of people.

5. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

Sounds like you've got a first-gen or 3G. Keyboard lagging may occur on those models due to the relatively small amount of memory they have. Other than what the others have mentioned, I'd suggest that you go to the Settings --> General --> Home --> Search Results, uncheck everything from there, and restart the iPhone. I understand that it usually works to reduce, if not eliminate, the keyboard lagging.

Once you've got the issue taken care of, you can re-check items under Search Results.

Hope that helps.

6. lollicup macrumors regular

its iphone OS 3.0

I don't mind the lag (given all the new features)