Keyboard - Landscape/Widescreen Mode????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by meagain, Jun 12, 2007.

1. meagain macrumors 68030

Unless I'm wrong, the only pics/vids have been of standard mode for the keyboard. Would anyone familiar with the guts/technology of this be able to say whether or not this keypad will be able to morph to sideways mode either via 3rd party or add-on later (if not included at shipping)? Surely being able to type more extensive stuff in widescreen mode would be beneficial and I'm trying to glean if this is possible or not. ?????

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

This is a frequent topic here, and everywhere that they discuss the iPhone. No one really knows right now... at least from what I've read. No one has seen it in anything other than portrait mode.

3. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

It surely has to come, it's so logical and - I would assume - relatively easy to implement.

4. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

The only problem occurs when the keyboard takes up more than half your screen. Either that, or those are going to be some short buttons.

5. yagran macrumors 6502a

do you need the whole screen whilst typing tho? how about a semi transparent layover like leopard style..

6. meagain thread starter macrumors 68030

Say for times when one has to do more extensive typeing. Say for instance one is stuck in an airport without a laptop... Might be nice to have a bit more room for the keyboard/fingers for those times.... with a line or 2 at the top to see what you're typeing. I think that would be a nice option. Certainly less people biatching about it come release?