keyboard layout

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Lokrado, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Lokrado macrumors regular

the "problem" is the keyboard layout, i had it set to US as default but somehow it changed to Danish. so now when i start up my mac it is in a danish keyboard layout even though it has an US one. and this happens to be rather annoying since i hardly do anything in danish on my mac..

so my question is, how do i change it back? - i googled it and found a few terminal command but none of which worked, some were back to 10.3....

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

On Leopard, it's  -> System Preferences -> International -> Input Menu -> (select) US. Snow Leopard moved some of the functionality from that page has moved to System Preferences -> Keyboard, but I don't know exactly what. I guess I should get around to updating.

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

In SL, International is now known as Language & Text

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

But the content remains the same?

Attached Files:

5. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

The content in System prefs Language & Text has changed.
    Language is easier to set, Text includes Spelling plus Symbol & Text Substitutions. Formats pretty much the same & Input Sources has been rearranged, Keyboard & Character viewer are combined at the top of the list with a new icon.

System Prefs Keyboard is separate.
    Keyboard is pretty much the same, Keyboard Shortcuts
    includes changing shortcuts separated by application & setting which Services you want.

Have fun & Upgrade :)