Keyboard Lights Are Off

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Merkava_4, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Merkava_4 macrumors 6502a

I somehow turned off the keyboard backlight. Is there a way to turn it back on? :confused:

Santa Rosa MBP.

2. ljx718 macrumors 6502

maybe put the screen closer to the keyboard? i know it sounds weird but sometimes when the screen on my mid 2010 is far from the keyboard, it wont let me turn on the keyboard lights

3. Retrostarscream macrumors member

Retrostarscream

Well the "F9" & "F10" Buttons Control The Keyboard Illumination. If Unresponsive, Hold Down the Fn Key While Using Them.

4. Merkava_4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The F9 and F10 buttons make a window pop up that looks similar to the sound window and screen brightness window.

But below the bar graph is a zero with a line going through it. I'm thinking I somehow locked off the keyboard light. :confused:

Holding down the FN button with the F9 and F10 buttons makes the page shrink in size like Expose' does.

5. Retrostarscream macrumors member

Retrostarscream

I must have been reading the wrong PDF Manual Then. My Apologies

6. Merkava_4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just now did the (press ctrl + option + shift + power button) and that seemed to work. After
    rebooting, I hit the F8 key and all is well now. I don't understand why I had to do that though.

7. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Could it be you were in a bright area? I know when mine is in a bright area it shuts the keyboard backlight off and give me the little access denied symbol if I try to change the brightness. I dont think there is a way to shut this off using the system, but I did find apps that can shut it off.

8. Merkava_4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, when I placed it under the lamp, the keyboard light went off.

Then when I picked it up and placed it back on my lap, the light went back on.

Now I know what iFixit means by left and right ambient light sensor. :D