keyboard lights not working

dacoolest

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2011
Recently I had a problem with the keyboard and I gave it for repairs. Today I got it back but now I just realized that the keyboard lights are not working. They said that they replaced my keyboard.

I saw in another place saying that the keyboard light connecter could get pulled off accidentally while repairing the keyboard.

If this is the case, is it possible for us to check it without having to remove the warranty sticker?

(Its a late 2011 macbook pro 17 )

Thanks.

squeakr

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2010
There is no warranty sticker to peel, so feel free to open it up and see if there is something loose or not connected at all.

dacoolest

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2011
There is no warranty sticker to peel, so feel free to open it up and see if there is something loose or not connected at all.
Thank you for the reply. So, opening it will not causes the warranty to be void? And what should I have heard someone says that removing the battery is not permitted or something. Is that true?

btw, it would be nice if you can tell me where the connecter is located and any other tips on it.

Thanks again

thundersteele

macrumors 68030
Oct 19, 2011
Switzerland
Recently I had a problem with the keyboard and I gave it for repairs. Today I got it back but now I just realized that the keyboard lights are not working. They said that they replaced my keyboard.

I saw in another place saying that the keyboard light connecter could get pulled off accidentally while repairing the keyboard.

If this is the case, is it possible for us to check it without having to remove the warranty sticker?

(Its a late 2011 macbook pro 17 )

Thanks.
bring it back ;)

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
If you took it in for repair and it was broken when it came back, take it back and have them fix it. They shouldn't have returned it to you if it wasn't functioning correctly.

dacoolest

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2011
If you took it in for repair and it was broken when it came back, take it back and have them fix it. They shouldn't have returned it to you if it wasn't functioning correctly.
Thanks for the reply. I took it back and they fixed it. :)