Keyboard marks on screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by praetorx, Dec 9, 2011.

1. praetorx macrumors regular

Ever since I started keeping my MBP in the Booq case the screen got key marks on it. I think the case puts too much pressure on the screen pressing it against the keyboard.

Anyone else having the same problem or know a remedy?

2. visim91, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011

visim91 macrumors 6502

Anyway, this might help:
    http://www.radtech.us/Products/NotebookScreensavrz.aspx

3. happle macrumors 6502a

he's talking about his sleeve not a snap on case.

but you could use the little piece of rabric that came in between your mac when it was new. or you could use the microfiber that came with the mac. even though it doesn't cover the whole keyboard i bet it will separate the two enough.

4. Ccrew macrumors 68020

I had a similar issue with my old non-unibodies, but the last two unibodies I bought I put these on immediately and never had an issue. And I'm using a Vyper XS3 GTR...

http://www.twelvesouth.com/products/surfacepad/

5. visim91 macrumors 6502

Ah, I see.

The product I linked to works well; keeps dust & particles from your screen in an almost magnetic fashion. Doubles as a dedicated cleaning cloth when oil & marks build up beyond bearing.
    I have a larger one for my 24" ACD, so I speak from experience.

-Edit-
    Why must people wrap such beauty in burka?

6. happle macrumors 6502a

haha, they're ya go...right on.

id consider one of those little rags but kinda pricey for me atm, i think i can get by without for now. I'm not sure if i want to use this little rubber keyboard cover or not. i actually kind of prefer the feel of the cover over the keys. but i also have the AG screen and don't want the rubber leaving marks on it. the glossy screen is more durable.

7. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Because I have acid skin and I'd prefer to replace the pad than etch the aluminum?

8. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Hmm, that's weird. Why would the case put pressure in the middle of the screen? Are you putting it inside a very full backpack?

I used to carry my 17'' non-unibody in a huge messenger bag. The laptop was resting against my lower back, and I guess from time to time got some pressure from there to the center of the screen, so I also had key marks on the screen.
    With my backpack, it never happened. The laptop also rested against my back, but I think there is less pressure against the center.

9. palpatine macrumors 68040

i always put a thin screen-cleaning cloth in between the display and keyboard. not too thin, and not too thick.

10. praetorx thread starter macrumors regular

No, in fact this laptop lever left my house. I keep it in the case every time I leave home.

11. saberahul macrumors 68040

Pretty cool. I have the black hardshell case from inCase. With the addition of this, I can make my silver MBP all black, always been my fav. color :)

12. phyrexia macrumors 6502a

My 17" does this whether it's in the case or not; I deal with it and clean the screen when I bothers me enough.

13. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

It's because the larger the screen gets the greater the flex it has due to a smaller amount of case material to stiffen it against lateral movement.

14. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Ok, that's weird then. Have you tried a different case?

15. praetorx thread starter macrumors regular

Negative. Had a sleeve but that doesn't offer much protection compared to the case.

16. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I've been using these Shaggy Mac screen protectors for years. They are Mac users that started their business just for the purpose of solving the problem that plagued Apple since the early days.

Very high quality, inexpensive and very effective I've never gone without one for each of my Mac Latops.

http://www.shaggymac.com/laptop-screen-protector.html

17. praetorx thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you all. I've taken all options into consideration and went with this option since it was the cheapest.

18. visim91 macrumors 6502

Not to harp on your final decision sir, but the option I recommended was basically the same price - and even backed by stellar ratings on Amazon; something which I had trouble finding for "ShaggyMac" - though this particular reviewer does have something to say on the matter:

19. Mojo1 macrumors 65816

I thought that the unibody keyboard is recessed enough to prevent the keys from touching the display; is that incorrect? I have a new 13" MBP.

I have used the RadTech screen protector for years with a pre-unibody 15" MBP. Works like a charm... OmniCleanz is another good product from the company.

20. praetorx thread starter macrumors regular

Not really. The shaggymac cover was $15 vs $25, that makes it $10 cheaper.
    Besides, I just wanted a basic cover to protect the screen, wasn't after anything fancy.

21. visim91 macrumors 6502

22. praetorx thread starter macrumors regular

Darn! I saw the price for the "Sleevz Case" which was written in a bigger font right below the price of the product :(

23. visim91 macrumors 6502

Ah that makes more sense. I thought I was going crazy for a second.

Honestly, I think your Shaggy will be just fine. A keyboard shammy is a keyboard shammy. I think some companies just enjoy the benefits of better marketing.

24. Mojo1 macrumors 65816

25. visim91 macrumors 6502