Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andreyush

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
Hello

I noticed 4 months ago that some marks made by keyboard appeared on the screen. Now there are more but i don't know why because I clean my screen and my keyboard everyday (no it's not the staingate problem :D). What can I do preventing this problem to expand ?

I don't mind the marks when the display it's off but I wonder if will notice them when it's on :confused:. It's there chance ? I know that this problem is often found on MBA's screens.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Hello

I noticed 4 months ago that some marks made by keyboard appeared on the screen. Now there are more but i don't know why because I clean my screen and my keyboard everyday (no it's not the staingate problem :D). What can I do preventing this problem to expand ?

I don't mind the marks when the display it's off but I wonder if will notice them when it's on :confused:. It's there chance ? I know that this problem is often found on MBA's screens.
Just leave a microfibre cloth on your keyboard when you shut it.

andreyush

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
But if the problem will persist I will see those marks on the display even if it's on? :D

monstruo

macrumors regular
May 5, 2009
Just get a keyboard cover like the ones from Radtech. It prevents the keys from scratching the screen. Also, you could use it as a micro fibre to clean the screen.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Hello

Assuming it's your 2012 in you signature it sounds like the hinge settings have slipped a little, try getting the hinge reset so you retain a gap between screen and keyboard.

andreyush

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
Just get a keyboard cover like the ones from Radtech. It prevents the keys from scratching the screen. Also, you could use it as a micro fibre to clean the screen.
I use the micro fiber cloth from Apple :/ ...I will use it to cover the keyboard ..
[doublepost=1465562969][/doublepost]
Assuming it's your 2012 in you signature it sounds like the hinge settings have slipped a little, try getting the hinge reset so you retain a gap between screen and keyboard.

I don't see any problems with the hinge settings ...What should i see wrong ?

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
I use the micro fiber cloth from Apple :/ ...I will use it to cover the keyboard ..
[doublepost=1465562969][/doublepost]

I don't see any problems with the hinge settings ...What should i see wrong ?

It's about wether you can create a bit more space between the screen and the keys you can using the hinge to do this, this may stop your problem. Never done it myself and probably wouldn't want to be the one to fiddle around with the internals of an rMBP either but it is a possible answer to your issue.

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2015
Any reason I can't cut up an old washed t-shirt to do this? I don't really want to spend $15 on a Microfiber (plus, the time I have used one of the Microfibers, it ended up trapping tons of grime).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.