Keyboard marks on the retina screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by andreyush, Jun 9, 2016.

1. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

Hello

I noticed 4 months ago that some marks made by keyboard appeared on the screen. Now there are more but i don't know why because I clean my screen and my keyboard everyday (no it's not the staingate problem :D). What can I do preventing this problem to expand ?

I don't mind the marks when the display it's off but I wonder if will notice them when it's on :confused:. It's there chance ? I know that this problem is often found on MBA's screens.

2. Closingracer macrumors 68020

I just wipe them off with a microfiber cloth every few days....

3. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Just leave a microfibre cloth on your keyboard when you shut it.

4. andreyush thread starter macrumors 6502

andreyush

But if the problem will persist I will see those marks on the display even if it's on? :D

5. monstruo macrumors regular

monstruo

Just get a keyboard cover like the ones from Radtech. It prevents the keys from scratching the screen. Also, you could use it as a micro fibre to clean the screen.

6. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Assuming it's your 2012 in you signature it sounds like the hinge settings have slipped a little, try getting the hinge reset so you retain a gap between screen and keyboard.

7. andreyush thread starter macrumors 6502

andreyush

I use the micro fiber cloth from Apple :/ ...I will use it to cover the keyboard ..
    --- Post Merged, Jun 10, 2016 ---

I don't see any problems with the hinge settings ...What should i see wrong ?

8. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

It's about wether you can create a bit more space between the screen and the keys you can using the hinge to do this, this may stop your problem. Never done it myself and probably wouldn't want to be the one to fiddle around with the internals of an rMBP either but it is a possible answer to your issue.

9. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

Any reason I can't cut up an old washed t-shirt to do this? I don't really want to spend $15 on a Microfiber (plus, the time I have used one of the Microfibers, it ended up trapping tons of grime).

10. itegypt macrumors 6502

itegypt