Keyboard misbehaving

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fashionzombiezz, Aug 20, 2009.

1. fashionzombiezz macrumors newbie

So my first iPhone worked beautifully - until I dropped it in the toilet. $212 dollars later for a refurbished one, it doesn't work beautifully. The first day I got it, I noticed the keyboard was acting up and hitting random letters that were next to the letter I was trying to type, but I didn't think much of it. Now, three months later, it's still doing it, but even worse. Most of the time it's when I'm outside and it's extremely hot/sunny, so I thought it had something to do with the fact that the touch screen in heat sensitive.. but I've never seen it happen on anyone else's iPhone. I virtually can't do anything on my phone if I'm outside in the sun, and sometimes it'll randomly do it when I'm inside too. If I go to touch Messages, it'll open Photos, and other things like that. It basically has a mind of its own and does/types whatever it wants. If I try to turn it off, the bar won't slide over at all. If I try to backspace while typing, it touches the M, N, . , space, and return key a million times so I'll have a message that looks something ridiculous like this:

"What time wilkmm M M m
    M nn n.
    M

N nmmop
    N m n nnn mm"

I am not okay with this at all. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do to fix this or should I just bring it to the apple store?

2. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

There's definitely something wrong with the Digitizer in your iPhone. Take it to an Apple Store, and if they can replicate the issue, they will definitely give you another refurbished one with no problems. If there are problems, take it back.
    Alternatively, you can check whether it works in store.
    This is not normal at all.
    I wish you the best of luck!