Keyboard/Mouse combo

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fireshot91, Dec 26, 2009.

1. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I'm in need of a new keyboard/mouse. I have $50 to spend on it, give or take a few dollars.

My requirements:
    -Wireless for both
    -One USB port to be taken
    -Needs to look semi-sleek
    -Have iTunes controls on the keyboard (Pause/Play, Next Track, Previous Track, and Volume buttons)
    -Obviously, to be compatible with Macs.

Oh, I don't have a bluetooth module, so it can't be Bluetooth.

2. fehhkk macrumors 6502a

fehhkk

For spending up to $50 on both, and all that you're looking for, that's pretty tough... :(

3. fireshot91 thread starter macrumors 601

fireshot91

True, but all it really needs to be is a Mac compatible Wireless combo with iTunes controls.

4. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

I think a second hand Apple AL Keyboard along with the best mouse you can afford. But otherwise you are going to struggle.

5. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

That would require bluetooth.

6. Blow up tre1 macrumors member

Save save save

You have to be joking to find a mac keyboard/mouse combo for $50!!!
    If it can only take up one usb slot you might want to look at some logitech products that work with their unifying receiver. This would cost a bit/lot more money, but is the only way I can think of for matching your demands, just not the price aspect.
    And if you get a good keyboard and mouse, they will last you for ages!
    And have a look at some websites like streetwise (australia only, I think) which stock mainly mac only (and some stuff that works with both) products.
    You will need to do a lot of browsing for this, but you will definably be looking at more a $200+ price range!

7. fireshot91 thread starter macrumors 601

fireshot91

Uhm, the AUD and the USD is definitely different. I was talking US $50, which you can get some low-quality sets. But, I guess I can extend my price range to ~$70?

8. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Ebay you can probably pick up a logitech s530 set. No experience with it though.

For 50 or so, you may be able to pick up a older white bluetooth keyboard and a mighty mouse, then spend 10 bucks for a BT receiver.

9. fireshot91 thread starter macrumors 601

fireshot91

Heh. The S530 is what I'm using right now. I don't have a problem with it at all, other than the number 2 key is missing on the number row, so I can't use the at symbol (Which I seem to have to use a lot lately..)