Keyboard/Mouse sharing Snow Leopard...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by whyrichard, Sep 5, 2009.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Synergy no longer seems to work with snow leopard.

I was wondering if there were any good, free or paid, keyboard/mouse sharing apps that work over ethernet (or wifi) with windows xp...

synergy was okay.. anything else?

thanks,
    r.

2. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

... seems like none... hopeing that synergy progresses their mac server panel pref...

3. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

i thought they posted a new build that was compatible with SL, but i can't get it to work...

... has anyone had any luck with this?

thanks,
    r.

4. robmax72 macrumors newbie

Same thing here

I too upgraded and found that it says that it's working but, it's not. I'm going to uninstall this build and get the previous build. I'll let you know if that works.

5. brokent macrumors newbie

Re: Keyboard/Mouse sharing Snow Leopard

I too ran into this problem after I upgraded to Snow Leopard earlier this week. I somehow managed to find Synergy+ which is a fork from the original Synergy project. Here's the URL for it: http://code.google.com/p/synergy-plus/

Just download the Darwin package for the Mac and run the package installer. Mind you, the synergys and synergyc executables are installed under whatever root directory you put it in followed by usr/bin. So for example if you put it in your hard drive named "Macintosh HD" under the folder "Applications", the executables will be copied to "Macintosh HD:Applications/user/bin/".

Thanks to the Synergy+ project for getting it to work under Snow Leopard!

- Rory

6. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

i've actually gotten this to work well, with the glaring exception of middle click!

Mac SL server, xp pro client...

shouldn't middle click work?

my logitech setpoint might be the problem?

r.