Keyboard/Mouse Update with Mac Pro Release?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MDP, Nov 13, 2013.

1. MDP macrumors newbie

MDP

Hey guys,

I'm planning on switching from my current Windows PC to the Mac Pro for work when it comes out sometime in December. Since my current keyboard is actually not compatible with OS X, I was thinking of buying the Apple keyboard earlier to help me adjust to the new ecosystem.

However, it got me thinking that Apple could be due for an update to the keyboard and mouse models to match the black design of the Mac Pro - does anyone else think they are overdue for a "refresh" at the end of the year? Or would Apple have already updated them by now if they were planning to?

Cheers! :)

2. mtmac macrumors regular

I doubt they will come out with a black keyboard and mouse, but who knows, they might. I would consider buying the current items on black friday, on their website. I bought a discount keyboard and trackpad (you may want that vs the mouse) last black friday, if I remember right 15% off with free shipping. If they were to issue a black version, it would likely come out at the same time as the MacPro, and you could return your purchase in their 90 day return policy for a black version. Apple's keyboard, trackpad and mouse have been great products for years, don't feel like your getting an outdated product.

3. Bear macrumors G3

Based on the fact that the new Mac Pro doesn't come with a keyboard or mouse, they may not bother updating them.

4. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

I would guess somewhere around when the new Cinema Display gets released.

5. yliu macrumors regular

Just get the current generation keyboard. It's not going to break the bank if you can afford a Mac Pro.

You might as well look at some of the mac keyboard from Logitech.

Unless you really want the touch gestures on the Magic Mouse, I recommend you to look at some other mouses with better ergonomics.