Keyboard not old people friendly

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by i hate phones, Sep 18, 2013.

1. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

Is there anyway to change the look of the keyboard? My parents refuse to update because they have a hard time seeing the keyboard. I think it's all the light coloring. There's not much contrast. I've played around with the accessibility settings but they don't do much to the keyboard.

2. SunnyFL macrumors regular

Trying to figure that out too. I thought I read a trick somewhere but now can't find it.

3. WJKramer macrumors 6502

Setting>General>Accessibility>Increase Contrast. As good as it gets.

4. jclardy macrumors 68030

jclardy

Increase Contrast seems to remove transparency from the keyboard, so that should help.

The keys on the iOS 7 keyboard are actually more contrasty though - black on white versus black on grey. But unfortunately it seems the "Bold Text" option doesn't have any effect on the keyboard.

5. i hate phones, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

i hate phones thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think the lack of boldness is the biggest problem. Letters are so thin. I personally like it but I can see how it could be hard on the eyes. I can see well and can feel my eyes straining a bit. I think it's all the light colors but it looks ridiculous when you invert the colors.

I like the color of the spotlight keyboard better

6. SunnyFL macrumors regular

I think if they would add an option to add bold keys to the keyboard would solve a lot of problems or even if they were black instead of grey

7. dago52 macrumors newbie

it would be nice if Apple let us choose a keyboard color. I love the black keyboard that comes up when you are searching the device.

8. DomC macrumors 6502

DomC

Not only are the letters just a bit light, but the white keyboard in general is a lot harder for me to use and creates more eye strain than the darker one. I can feel my eyes working harder on the white one.
    I submitted feedback for the option to always use one or the other color and to allow the "bold" option to include the keyboard.

9. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

I have no problem with it but I do have a problem with it when I wake up in the morning. It's just to bright to see so what I do is invert the colors. It's so nice on the eyes when waking up.

10. SunnyFL macrumors regular

Where do you submit feedback

11. DomC macrumors 6502

DomC