Keyboard not working on Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Klaymator14, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Klaymator14 macrumors newbie

Hello, a few days ago I just bought the new 13 inch Macbook Pro. However, at the time the keyboard worked, until I used Migration Assistant and transferred all my data from my old 13 inch plastic Macbook over the network. Now, my mouse works on my macbook, but not my keyboard, so I need to plug an external keyboard to make it work. It also freezes my whole mac if I try typing something into the URL bar on Safari using the internal keyboard. Anyone know what's going on?

-Blayke :)

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Can you reset the PRAM?

Command Option P R on boot.

3. Klaymator14 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I can type the password for logging in, but the caps lock stops lighting up after pressing it when I sign in. I've reset the PRAM, it didn't fix it, but it let me reset it... it's really bugging me, and I have no idea what's going on.

4. Klaymator14 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry to repost again, anyone have any suggestions? I am going on vacation in a few hours with no internet, but I'd like to use my keyboard while I'm there...so if anyone can help... please help! Help is VERYYY much appreciated at the moment, hehe :p
    Thanks!

-Blayke :)

5. Klaymator14 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry to re-bump this topic... but no one can help me? I still can't figure it out and it is really bugging me. Please someone help!

6. Klaymator14 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am able to create a new account and the keyboard works. So, I came up with the idea of transferring my stuff from my old account to the new account that works. But I was wrong, it made the old account work with a keyboard and the new one now doesn't. So there must have been something I installed and maybe is running in the background. Any way that I can check it is something running in the background? Thanks!

-Blayke