Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

suprtiger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2003
The keyboard sticks while using Excel in MS office 2004. This is a very odd situation. I have a user that when she is working on her computer, the keyboard will stick when she is working in Excel. The keyboard is working as usual when she is in any other apps on the MacBook. The MacBook is running Leopard 10.5.6(?).
I have not come across any other desktops, laptops running Excel or any other OS that have encountered this problem.
Has anyone encountered anything similar in Excel or any other application.
Thanks
Don

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
What does "the keyboard sticks" mean to you? It could mean a few different things, so we need your definition.

I have data entry problems with Excel, and no other application. I will start to type a number, and usually when this happens, only the first digit I type appears on the screen. I cannot type anything else until I use the File > Save command.

suprtiger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2003
I just visited with her and she said once she gets into Excel on her MacBook all she can use is the mouse. None of the keys will work.

suprtiger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2003
No, but I will have to try that next week, when I am back on campus. It just doesn't make any sense with the problem only in Excel.
Thanks for the suggestion. Easy solution if it works.

AppleCode

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
No, but I will have to try that next week, when I am back on campus. It just doesn't make any sense with the problem only in Excel.
Thanks for the suggestion. Easy solution if it works.
If its only excel thats what i think would be the problem

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
once she gets into Excel on her MacBook all she can use is the mouse. None of the keys will work.
Yeah, that's similar to what I described:

I have data entry problems with Excel, and no other application. I will start to type a number, and usually when this happens, only the first digit I type appears on the screen. I cannot type anything else until I use the File > Save command.
But she can't get the keyboard to work at all, or didn't try this?

It just doesn't make any sense with the problem only in Excel.
Sure it does, if the problem is Excel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.