Keyboard on MBA ever get oily?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by frogcat, Jan 27, 2009.

1. frogcat macrumors member

Does it?

I've really been debating getting the Rev B air 1.6Ghz, or keeping my current 2.0 Al Macbook. This issue is pretty much immaterial to most people, but I am annoyed by it on my macbook.

I have since been playing around with my girlfriend's MBA and it has been wonderful. Its keys seem to be made of a different (non-oily) material than the macbooks, and I just want to know whether the older MBA users have dirty or oily keys.

I did a search but the threads do not really confirm anything.

2. msinco macrumors newbie

Yes

I have a Rev A MBA and the keyboard easily gets oily.

3. children macrumors regular

its probably your fingers (and everyone elses for that matter)

4. faxao macrumors regular

LOL.....but true !!:D

5. roslee7 macrumors regular

hi

i agreed. It gets oily. I am not sure if using silicon kind of thing is a good method but i realised bare body is more comfortable in typing.

6. brax.j macrumors regular

Fingers=Oily
    Oily fingers=Oily keyboard
    That is the case with everything you will ever touch.

7. mikey28 macrumors 6502

On my rev A, there were spots on the space and letter keys that were actually kind of shiny. (This is because I tend to place my fingers in the same spot on each key) So after a while the keys sort of looked worn down, a bit oily. And it did not wipe off with iklear.

So with my rev B. I got a clear trackpad cover, (I think it's power support). Which works great. (invisible shield felt heavy and un-responsive) Also, I ordered a moshi keyboard cover. They are supposed to be the thinnest, and do not affect the "feel" of the keys when you type. I had the silicon keyboard cover, but it was so thick, I just couldn't type with it.