Keyboard on MBP Wont Go Up Or Down

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dannyd534, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Dannyd534 macrumors newbie

Hey all

I recently turned on my mac and it will not let me change the brightness on my keyboard..ive restarted plenty of times and even tried going into bootcamp but it still wont work...sometimes the keyboard is full light...and sometimes its just off.

Here is what shows up:
    http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?i...icture1aj5.png

2. fwhh macrumors regular

Your picture link is broken.
    Remember, that you can only turn on your keyboard backlight when it's in the dark. If you want to turn it on in daylight use:
    Lab Tick

3. Dannyd534 thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry here is the link....and on my MBP i "was" able to turn my backlight on and off during the day....now i cant turn it on period....the last pic i had was on my OS X...here it is on my Windows...its the same thing just that im on windows now cause i was playing CoD4

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capturevz0.jpg

4. fwhh macrumors regular

Have you tried Lab Tick under Mac OS X?
    If it does not work and it is a 17" MBP (does not apply to the 15"!),
    maybe the ribbon wire to the keyboard is broken. If you take out the battery, you can see the 2 wires. Put a small piece of paper between the case and the wires, just where they disappear into the case. This will insulate the wires against the case. (There is a small cutaway for the wires, this is where the paper goes. If you look inside the battery compartment, put the paper on top of the wires.) You just need to insert it 1mm, and fasten it with sticky tape.
    (This solved my keyboard issues, as a permanent solution I used insulation tape, but this required the disassembly of the top case.)
    Disclaimer: Of course, this is at you own risk. Don't use force to insert it!