Keyboard on mid-09 MBP not working after moving dock?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by reubs, May 7, 2010.

1. reubs macrumors 68000

The strangest thing just happened to me on my MBP (10.6.3). I was messing around with the desktop, and I moved the dock to the left side of the screen, and I selected to have it hidden. From there, I went about what I was doing, and when I went back to my document (a Bean document) the keyboard was not responsive at all. I logged out, logged in, and things were fine. I activated the dock again, and then the keyboard went out again.

I logged out, logged in, moved the dock to its original position, and now things are fine. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? I tried searching (not too thoroughly; this is kind of an urgent thing, and I didn't want the keyboard to go out on me again...), but I didn't see anything.

Just a weird occurence.

2. celticpride678

Nope, never heard of this before. But, try removing the com.apple.Dock.plist file from ~/Library/Preferences.

3. reubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Seems like I am blaming the wrong folks. This just happened to me again, and it happened after invoking "Show and Autofill" for Things 1.3.3. I had to quit everything, log out, and log back in. I think attempted to recreate the problem, and that was it.

I've sent a support question to Cultured Code about it; hopefully they'll respond back soon w/ an easy fix. I use "Show and Autofill" a lot to link emails with todos; I need that functionality to be working.