Keyboard on screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Willehard, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Willehard macrumors newbie

Willehard

Hi, I just got me a new MacBook (black) and it's great. Today I suddenly noticed that when viewed from an angle I can see a keyboard pattern imprinted on the screen. I cant't see it when the screen is bright but sometimes on black portions of the screen i see this pattern... Has anyone else noticed this on their laptop screens?

It looks like the keys are mirrored on the screen like you would paint the keys and when you close the lid an imprint would be made..

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i'm a little confused. are you seeing a reflection or are you seeing smudges? :confused:

3. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

This used to happen on my old HP laptop. I'm guessing it's oil from your hands and fingers left on the keys, and then getting transfered to the screen when the laptop is closed. I don't own a MacBook though, but I thought that the screen doesn't touch the keyboard? I know my MBP doesn't have this problem.

4. Analog Kid macrumors 601

Analog Kid

My PowerBook has this problem-- when closed, especially if you apply pressure to the lid, the screen and keyboard rub. Given enough time, it'll mar the screen. If you're worried about it, you can place a napkin on the keyboard when you close it.

5. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Remember when you first opened your MB? There was a little sheet of foamy stuff in it. There are a variety of companies that sell little blankets for your keyboard so the imprint doesn't happen... as well as these blankets being able to wipe of the screen. If it really concerns you, I'd recommend you get one, it'll only get worse. This or this, the list continues, but you get the idea.

6. aliquis- macrumors 6502a

I think it's a bad design that they doesn't "sub" one of the parts so this won't happen thought.

7. MaddieBrad macrumors regular

MaddieBrad

There are a lot of laptops that have this problem. The mac's are not alone. It is nearly impossible to avoid this unless the keys were recessed into the body of the laptop... and how annoying would that be.

You see the bezel around your screen. There is a few mm's of a recess there. it is more than the mm's that the keys stick out so hypothetically it should be fine. Take into the account that people close their lids, and chcuk their books into a bag, and they get squeezed a little bit.

Anyway... like the guy said above... just get a protector:
    iSkin Keyboard Protector
    ShaggyMac Screen protectors

b