Keyboard on the Keyboard Case is SO Loud!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PanAm-L1011, Nov 28, 2018.

1. PanAm-L1011 macrumors 6502

I love the new keyboard folio, but typing on it is so loud. Does anyone else notice this? Will the keys soften over time. I feel like it is ridiculous how loud it is.

2. AutomaticApple macrumors 68000

AutomaticApple

Are you able to take a video so we can tell how loud it really is?

3. Freakonomics101 macrumors 68010

Freakonomics101

iJustine used the keyboard on one of her videos and it is indeed loud.

PS. I want to be her best friend. xD her and I are so alike.

4. anthony13 macrumors regular

Honestly i find the sound so satisfying. I prefer this keyboard more than any other keyboard I’ve ever used. But over all i don’t find it loud at all. Also, I honestly wonder why the MacBook Pro keyboard doesn’t feel like this. This isn’t a size comprise to me, its what all keyboards should feel like.

5. PanAm-L1011 thread starter macrumors 6502

I love the way it feels but it is loud. My office mate kept commenting on how loud it is. I was on a train from Tokyo to Kyoto in October. There was a guy typing on his laptop and my friend and I were laughing at how loud his typing is. That’s what this reminds me of. I do love how it feels though and definitely like it better than the keyboard for the last pro.

6. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Wow, you’re like that?. She’s like a freak of nature. It’s hard to process all the extraneous words she’s saying.

7. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

8. Freakonomics101 macrumors 68010

Freakonomics101

I’m very upbeat with a positive attitude. Also goofy. I’m proud to be a freak of nature lol

9. flur macrumors 68020

flur

Yep, too loud. I sent mine back (for many reasons, but this was one of them).

10. Rck1984 macrumors regular

Rck1984

Being used to a mechnical keyboard on my Windows gaming machine, i actually like the clicky feedback of the Apple Keyboard Folio.

11. Steve121178 macrumors 601

Steve121178

I've got the Apple keyboard folio thingy for my 10.5" iPad Pro and it doesn't get any quieter as time goes on.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 29, 2018 ---
    So you're irritating and over-excitable as well?

12. anthony13 macrumors regular

You know if we’re talking about loud apple products I’ll say the AirPods are ironically one of the products I have not bought because of how much they annoy me when someone next to me is wearing them on flights. It’s like even at normal volumes I can hear what people are listening too.

13. flur macrumors 68020

flur

It’s because, unlike most other major brands, they don’t insert into the ear canal. This means you don’t get any passive sound isolation. I haven’t used them, so I don’t know how it impacts sound for the listener, but it likely means they listen at a higher volume than they would with in-ear phones, which makes the AirPods even more annoying for everyone around them.

14. AutomaticApple macrumors 68000

AutomaticApple

I’d assume she is.

15. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

16. DoubleFlyaway macrumors 6502a

DoubleFlyaway

I didn’t think mine was loud, but my partner brought the noise up from out of nowhere. So apparently it is. I’m also a loud typist, I think, but we switched it out, for me to type on a different keyboard, and he thinks it’s definitely at least partly the keyboard folio itself.

17. flur macrumors 68020

flur

I have two keyboards that are practically silent when I use them, so I’m fairly confident it’s the keyboard.

It doesn’t really bother me that it’s loud, but I use my iPad and a keyboard to take notes at conferences and classes, and I know the keyboard folio is more than loud enough to be rude to the speaker/teacher and the people sitting around me. It’s amazing how loud even the quietest keyboards sound in a quiet room.

18. PanAm-L1011 thread starter macrumors 6502

You can hear them on a flight next to you? You must have amazing hearing. The hum from a plane is so loud. I only noticed how loud when I bought a pair of Bose noise cancelling headphones. When I take them off, after listening for a few minutes, I notice how loud the hum of the plane is.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 30, 2018 ---
    That’s what happened to me. I share an office with a guy. I was typing on the keyboard and he said, “That’s so loud.” I hadn’t noticed before. It is louder, I guess, but I love it and am not getting rid of it. The case is just so nice and looks so nice. I am very happy with it. But - trying to type quieter and gentler.

19. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

it's not loud, you just type with purpose

20. PanAm-L1011 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ha. I type just to type these days because I love it. I’ve never really used a keyboard much before. I had the old keyboard case for my 9.7 but did not like it at all. Mostly due to the shape. This one is perfect.

21. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna