keyboard option on online apple store(France)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dudulang, Aug 28, 2010.

1. dudulang macrumors member

Hi, everyone here, I'm in France and want to buy a MBP on the online apple store with USA standard keyboard (cause I will go to the USA next year). The default keyboard is French. And there is an option where I can choose US keyboard.

But here is the problem, please compare the two keyboard models fellowing:
    French
    USA standard

After comparison, you will find the configuration of the "return" key of the two keyboard models are different. And that means the aluminum unibody will be different. What I want is a real USA keyboard, I'm afraid if I choose the US keyboard option on the online apple store, they will just change particular keys and keep the french model aluminum unibody.

Has anyone in France ever bought a MBP or other Macintosh with option of USA standard keyboard (the last choice of keyboard option "Clavier rétro-éclairé (US) & Guide de l'utilisateur (Anglais)" ) ? Is this the real US keyboard with the US aluminum unibody model?
    Thank you.

2. 184550 Guest

It's my understanding that if you order a US keyboard, you'll get a legit US keyboard. I don't think Apple would take the time to adjust the design as you mentioned.

3. dudulang thread starter macrumors member

I hope this. But if so, does apple have to ship my MBP from USA to France?

4. 184550 Guest

I would assume that if you do order the US keyboard, that it would most likely ship straight from the factory in China or perhaps from the US. However, Apple may stock a small number of US keyboards in Europe for precisely this purpose. Though I would suspect the first possibility, from China, is more likely.