Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myuserid08

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
If I leave my macbook for 5-10 minutes then start typing it always fails to display the first key I pushed.
Most of the time I will end up with the following:
mACBOOK

Seems like the keyboard keeps falling asleep, does anyone else have this problem?

scienide09

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
Canada
There was a bug in Leopard that caused similar behaviour. Are you running OS X 10.5? If so, have you installed all of the recent updates?

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
If I leave my macbook for 5-10 minutes then start typing it always fails to display the first key I pushed.
Most of the time I will end up with the following:
mACBOOK

Seems like the keyboard keeps falling asleep, does anyone else have this problem?

As the other person mentioned there was a software update for leopard users that addressed this. Click on your apple in the menu bar above and select software update and if this update has not been installed, which sounds like it wasn't it should appear in the software update window. Install it and you should be good to go. ;)

myuserid08

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Yes its all updated.
If this is another os bug, then apple really need to think about what they are releasing to the public, they were obviously in a rush. I have so many bugs at the moment, the new leopard os is a real pain.
Looks like I will be downgrading to tiger!

MacBooksRock

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2007
Try reinstalling Leopard, seriously. I had this same problem, formatted the hard drive, and it worked perfectly after I reinstalled Leopard. :)

myuserid08

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
I've actually reinstalled leopard about 5 times due to faulty drives!
Fed up with this macbook, wish I never bothered and kept the iMac. tIGER IS A FAR SUPERIOR operating system

jemeinc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2004
South Jersey
I've actually reinstalled leopard about 5 times due to faulty drives!
Fed up with this macbook, wish I never bothered and kept the iMac. tIGER IS A FAR SUPERIOR operating system

no it isn't! Just because you have some minor issues with leopard that hardly qualifies tiger to be "FAR SUPERIOR". Neither of those is far superior to the other. though the majority of users would probably feel leopard is the superior of the two its doubtful many would consider it far superior- let alone the other way around.

I'm curious how you've ended up needing to re-install your OS 5 times. leopard came out in October right? so you're averaging an erase and istall a month ? thats gotta be rough. how easy is it just to go back to tiger? ive heard thats quite a bit of trouble but I doubt it could be worse than what you're going through now.

myuserid08

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Leopard re-installs due to failed hard drives, macbook is only 7 days old!
I feel let down by apple, I was expecting a good solid operating system, iNSTEAD I HAVE A BUGGY ONE. Oh look the keyboard fell asleep, if I was running tiger I wouldn't have that problem.

At least tiger doesn't have irritating bugs and as far as I know it never did. Apple were in a rush to push this new operating system out and it really does show.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.