Keyboard Problems When installing Windows XP.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Wilmz0r, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Wilmz0r macrumors newbie

hello Guys,
    i am having a big Problem when i try to install Windows XP in BootCamp.
    once i get to the Setup, i need to Format the partation and then select on what Partition i want to Install it, But anyways, when i need to select what i want do (i get some options which i need the Format Option.) My Keyboard does not react on anything what i Do, Arrow key dont work, Enter Doesn't work or any other key on the whole keyboard...

How the hell can i install Windows XP?

in the Setup screen my keyboard does NOT work.

Help and tips apriciated.
    thanks in advance! ;) :apple::apple:

2. Fltengr macrumors newbie

I know how it feels...I've had that issue for more than 3 weeks now and finally found the answer.

Unplug your mouse from your keyboard. I did that on mine and for the first time I could finally go up and down and select which partition I wanted to install XP on! Enjoy. :apple:

3. Bmode macrumors regular

The one that threw me during installing XP in BootCamp was to insert the Mac provided DVD on the PC side, and a auto install should run off the DVD to install drivers needed to enhance the PC environment.

However, in BootCamp XP, there used to be a grey diamond in the bottom right corner that would bring up BootCamp options and it's gone on my Laptop, but present on my Desktop version. Weird?