keyboaRd pRoblems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DNAnthony, Feb 15, 2009.

1. DNAnthony macrumors newbie

i have this very peculiaR keyboaRd pRoblem. some of my keys aRe giving me pRoblems. whenever i hit "R" it automatically capitalizes my key. when i hit the left shift key. it puts a R. when i hit the Right shift key it bRings up my dashboaRd....can anyone please help me?

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

You didn't happen to spill anything on the keyboard or loan it to someone that could have, did you?

3. AppleFein macrumors newbie

That's the only thing I can think of that would've even possibly caused that problem. My keyboard had a bit of an issue when I was eating pancakes near my MBA and syrup spilled all in my keys. Several stick, but none with that big of an issue.

Usually you can pop off the keys and clean it out if it's triggering the wrong buttons... if not, see if your computer is still under warranty and go to an Apple Store and have them work on it. :)

4. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

I had an incident where my caps lock key got reversed -- the light would be on when caps lock was off. A restart solved it....

If this persists after a restart, I'd try another keyboard (desktop -- swap it out; laptop -- connect USB kb). If that doesn't help, then there is an issue with how your Mac interprets the input rather than a problem with the input that your keyboard is sending.

BTW, remember that it is possible to manually re-map (a.k.a., "customize") your keyboard for pretty much anything -- so it is possible that some überjerk/übergeek (what would that be? übergerk? überjeek?) did this -- but I wouldn't suggest going down the über-tinfoil-hat path just yet....

5. redchannel macrumors regular

redchannel

im having the same issue with my macbk pro that i got BRAND NEW TODAY. my O button dosen't seem to be as reponsive as the other keys. i have to go back in and retype every other O

6. TWilson33 macrumors newbie

Imac Keyboard revert

I have an Imac and when my initial keyboard started fritzing out (after a year) I replaced it with a microsoft one(big mistake) I haver since bouight another Aple keyboard but none of the extra function keys( All media, the ones above the Function keys) I remember mapping the old microsoft keyboard (hold the button to the left and right of shift) but I cant find it now to remap the apple keyboard, how frustrting, any help would be great!