Keyboard Protector for Macbook Pro 2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PinoyAko, Feb 24, 2013.

1. PinoyAko macrumors 6502

Hello everyone,
    Anyone can recommend a good keybaord protector for Macbook Pro 2011 that does not affect the tactile response of the keyboard? Anyone can recommend one based from their personal experiences?

2. robvas macrumors 68020

3. PinoyAko thread starter macrumors 6502

I am planning to remove it before closing the lid. I am more concern with the feel of the keyboard.

4. BeeJee macrumors 6502

People around here seem to like the Moshi ones, no personal experience but I know it's a solid recommendation if you're into that kind of thing

5. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

I am too interested in this.
    I dont like my keyboard getting the shiny look from sweat and oil.
    Also dont want any dust going in or between the keys.

Many said Moshi's are great but never had personal experiences with them as well.

6. IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

Moshi is the way to go. I have it on my rMBP. It does not scratch the screen. You hardly notice it covering the keys. A perfect fit. :cool:

7. PinoyAko thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks Gregory! So the keyboard feel does not change at all, can you confirm?

8. IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

No. I had that exact concern when I was considering a keyboard cover. I didn't want to lose the feel and touch of the Mac keyboard because it is the best I've experienced. But, I was more concern with spilling a liquid on it. I was presently surprise that their was no play between cover and the keys. As I said before the cover fits perfectly.

9. IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

Update Moshi Keyboard Cover:

I thought I should make all aware of something I notice for the first time today on my rMPB (15"). I hadn't clean my screen in a while. I notice the imprint of the keyboard on the screen. The computer was in sleep mode and I happen to have the computer in an area where sunlight was shining directly onto it. The dark screen and the light made the imprint visible. After cleaning the screen there was no, I repeat no scratches.

I originally thought the Moshi Keyboard Cover did not come in contact with the screen. Now I have evidence that it does. No scratches however. I've had the Moshi cover now for about two months. I probably open and shut the case about 15 to 20 times a month. The computer rests primarily on my desk. I use it more as a desktop than portable.

10. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

The best way to go is probably remove the cover every time you close it.
    That will make you sure it wont leave any residues on there.