Keyboard Question -- With Pics

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Random hero, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Random hero macrumors regular

Random hero

Wondered if anyone can help me....

After months and months of my wife saying she didnt like the iPhone as its "too complicated" she finally decided she wanted on, so we went and got her a 8gb 3G, all good but there is something i have noticed in way of difference to my 3G when it comes to the keyboard

Mine looks like this

[​IMG]

Im talking specifically about the "123" key that switches the keyboard to numbers.. i thought this was standard

now on the wifes it looks like this

[​IMG]

this one doesnt have the "123" but has ".?123"

now im sure there is a valid reason why but i cant seem to find the setting that changes it

2. TippmannBaller macrumors newbie

It's because you have an international keyboard, which is indicated by the key with the globe on it. It's right next to the number key. Because she doesn't have an international keyboard, her number key is able to take up more space because there is one less key.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

The only thing I can think of is that you are running different versions of the software. Check that under the Settings Icon > General > About. Mine looks like your wife's and I am running 3.1.2. I hope this helps.

4. Random hero thread starter macrumors regular

Random hero

Thanks ... thats sorted it :D

5. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

go to settings > general > international > language > and uncheck any language that is checked besides english. hit the home button and now look.