Keyboard question...

Joeytpg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Vienna, Austria
Hi, i'm really getting into Garage band and recording a few voice things and composing some music on my guitar and recording them. The other day i started testing the little Keyboard that appears when you first open GB, and i wondered if i could buy a Midi keyboard and plug it into my powerbook and for example play my own notes using the "software instruments that GB has, and write some music. Pretty much do the same things i can do with the keyboard that shows in the GB initial screen when you open it up. (as you know you can play the different notes with your mouse clicking on top of the keyboard) so can i just buy a midi keyboard such as the M-Audio Keystation 49e USB MIDI keyboard that apple offers and play with my own fingers through the keyboard?

thanks

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Yes, thats really what the software instruments are for, the little onscreen keyboard is almosy useless for music.

Check out Edirol as well as M-audio, and get a USB based keyboard, not a standard MIDI one, otherwise you'll need an interface.

TheBunnellFarm

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2003
DETROIT LAKES, MINNESOTA
you will be one of thousands and thousands of very happy people..

That keyboard does a whole lot for it's $99 or you can go to eCost and get the M-Audio Radium 61 for $149 either way you are one happy guy..

Tom

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I have the m-audio 49e which is sold almost everywhere. 49e = 49 keys usb powered. i love it. It's one of my favorite things right now.